- I made it through the second week of my new job at The Faison School. It's a tough job, no question, but definitely rewarding work. Today was extra rewarding because I got my first paycheck. Hooray!
- I got to spend a relaxing afternoon running errands that included stopping by the Godiva store and using a gift card. Remember: Chocolate Makes Everything Better.
- I came home and got to see my husband for a few hours before he jetted off to Kings Dominion for an evening of work. These days, we pass like ships in the night so it was nice to be able to chat and spend some quality time together.
- My brother was very thoughtful. He heard the message on the answering machine from the Ashland library telling me that the book I had reserved was in, went to the library, and checked it out for me. Now I just need to find time to read The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.
- Speaking of books, my aforementioned very thoughtful husband found a new book by Carl Hiaasen (Star Island) and bought it for me at Costco today. Did I mention I have some reading to do?
- I don't have to work at Romp n' Roll tonight. This means that I can have a restful evening at home with a glass of wine and a movie (or reading a book?). This is refreshing because I've spent every evening this week there (after working my "day job") and I'm pretty much exhausted.
It's now OFFICIALLY tax-deductible!
PS If you have already donated to us this year, all of your donations for 2010 will retroactively be considered tax deductible. If you have NOT received a thank you note or statement from us reflecting your donation, please let us know ASAP and we will send out a letter for you. We have been sending out thank you notes and confirmation letters throughout the year but some have come back to us with incorrect addresses.