Our first annual CJSTUF Art Auction was last night and it was, in a word, amazing!
I will have pictures and more information to post soon, but I can share a few things:
Over 30 pieces of art were auctioned for a total of over $2200
The raffle tickets and event registrations will add to that total.
Thanks to our generous sponsors, our costs were covered before the event even began so 100% of the money earned last night (and then some) will go directly to the support of families with chronic and life threatening illnesses.
There are so many people to thank:
- Alyssa Ford and Meredith Hayes designed the decor and filled the room with pink and purple butterflies
- Susan Greenbaum was the energetic, entertaining, amusing, and adorable emcee
- Anthony Williams shared his talents on the guitar
- Deb Price shared her experience as a beneficiary of a CJSTUF financial assistance grant
- Our amazing Board of Directors helped in any way necessary, including setup, cleanup, and (most importantly) bidding on some fabulous art
- Thanks to our generous sponsors who provided both financial and in-kind support to make this event possible:
- XL Design
- Caboose Wine and Cheese
- Kira Jenkins Design
- CJ's Family
- The Toscano Family
- Thanks to the 18 artists who donated their works to the event
- Thanks to the local chapter of the American Heart Association for their generous loan of easels and display materials
- Thanks to our event coordinator, Michelle Alford, who has been working on the details of this event for almost 6 months. Not only was this event a labor of love, but Michelle had her own labor of love this week when she gave birth to her second child, a baby girl, on Thursday morning. We were sad that Michelle was unable to attend the event but grateful for all the work she did to make the evening a success.
September is finished but October is still busy for CJSTUF.
Just a reminder to set your clocks for The Amazing Raise this Wednesday and Thursday. If you missed the Art Auction, here is a great opportunity to make a donation to our organization. Donate through the Give Richmond website from 6 AM October 5th through 6 PM October 6th and your donations may be matched through generous grants provided by the Community Foundation.
ALSO! Join us at California Pizza Kitchen in Short Pump on Thursday, October 13th. Bring this flyer, present it when you order and 20% of your sale will benefit CJSTUF. This is valid for both carry out and dine-in options.
Stay tuned for more news and events!
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.