Hello friends! First of all, for those of us who follow this blog, we apologize for the relative lack of updates. We continue to update our Facebook page and if you have not yet subscribed to our monthly newsletter, I encourage you to sign up. It's probably the best way to stay "in the loop".
Now that the business stuff is out of the way, let's talk about the calendar. Tomorrow, July 9th, would have been Charlotte's 6th birthday. Understandably, it's been a difficult few weeks as we have anticipated the arrival of this day. Roger is going to post some of his thoughts here tomorrow and I will be sharing more on my personal blog in the days to come.
For now, I would like to say Thank You for the support that you continue to provide to Roger and myself. Many of you have asked how we plan to honor Charlotte's birthday and how you can help. To that end, I offer you Six Ways to Honor Charlotte. (special thanks to Chaplain Sallye at Noah's Children for the inspiration)
- Read a book. Charlotte loved to read and look at books from an early age. While some children fall asleep with a bed full of stuffed animals, Charlotte would sleep in a bed full of books.
- Wear pink or purple. Or both. Capture your inner princess, even if it's only for a day.
- Drink a glass of chocolate milk. Charlotte liked to say "Chocolate makes everything better." We agree.
- Watch one of Charlotte's favorite movies. The movies that never left the queue included Finding Nemo, Mary Poppins, The Little Mermaid, and Frosty The Snowman. I can't think of a better thing to do in the heat of summer than think cool thoughts with Frosty.
- Make a meal for a family in need. When Charlotte was sick, we were blessed with many friends and neighbors who cared for us by supplying an extra meal (or two). It's a special gesture that means so much to a family in crisis.
- Help us honor Charlotte's memory with a donation to CJSTUF. Every little bit helps. If each of our 2800 (or so) Facebook fans donated only $6 in honor of CJ's birthday, we would be able to provide 33 $500 financial assistance grants to families in need.
Thank you, Charlotte, for blessing us with your time here on Earth.
We miss you. Every day.
Radiance from Julia Dollison on Vimeo.
I'm wearing pink - so is Mac - and we're heading to see Barney at CMOR. We're having Happy Meals with friends for lunch and everyone will be enjoying a frosty chocolate milk in honor of your girl. We share your pain today but will raise our milk jugs in celebration of a beautiful life.ReplyDelete