Saturday, May 9, 2009

Another Busy Day

Another busy day. Charlotte and I are enjoying a quiet evening at home watching a movie (Cars) so I thought I'd use the time for an update.

First of all, we got a substitute Mickey and I understand more are on the way (that way we'll NEVER run out!!). Knowing our luck, by the time the new ones arrive, she will have a new "obsession".

Also, Roger now has the webcam with Skype hooked up so Charlotte can talk/meet with her preschool friends. If anyone else has Skype connections, please let us know. We would love to schedule some "Charlotte talk times" with you.

Thank you to everyone who has written or who we have seen in the last few days and offered their thoughts and concerns. We really appreciate it. As we have said to many people who have asked about Charlotte, she is doing great. Really, reallly great. That is part of what makes this so difficult. To look at her, you would still never really know (except for the bald head and the sometimes awkward motor stuff) that she had this tumor growing inside her. As usual, Roger and I are suffering more than her through a lot of this.

After some consideration, Roger and I have decided that we do not need to pursue a second opinion on the surgery. We trust Dr. Tye and his team and know that this is a necessary next step regardless of how we proceed with the oncology side of things. We will be talking with his office first thing on Monday to determine when exactly surgery will happen. It may be soon.

We still have some questions about the trip to Houston and MD Anderson. Mainly the questions revolve around "how" not "if". Mainly, we are concerned that the timeline the doctor has given us may involve travel sooner than we think Charlotte will be ready post-surgery so we just have some more questions to ask. Our initial thought is that we will take Charlotte to Tennesse to meet up with Roger's dad and from there we will take his RV to Houston. This will allow us to keep Charlotte as comfortable as possible on what will be a very long road trip. Others have mentioned Angel Flights and we are investigating that as well. There is a question about whether air travel will be a possibility so soon after brain surgery.

Anyway, we will report more as we know details. My mom is still planning to leave on Wednesday (the 13th) so we will let you know if we need help in the coming weeks.

Today was a busy day with the Chic-Fil-A Cow Drop. The weather cooperated and it was good to see many romp n' roll friends as well as meet some (hopefully) new customers. Roger is up in Maryland performing with Uptown Vocal Jazz Quartet at the Mainstay. He should be back late tonight.

I'm looking forward to a relaxing evening and day tomorrow. Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there (especially mine!)

Reminder: Open Gym at Romp n' Roll tomorrow from 10 AM-4 PM for all those dads that need to give mom a break...

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Charlotte has asked to type a message so I'm going to let her type here:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.